Thursday, September 18, 2008

The "Hand- off"

Long time ago, my boss described the problems with VPNs saying, "VPNs are like children. You dont want to hear them or see them but you want them." and obviously enough he never liked children and never had them. I thought to myself I am just glad that my parents (or his for that matter) did not think like that. :) And then years later after I had my own baby, I knew what he meant. They are obviously a lot of commitment and work and not everyone (specially the "T" kind of people) can appreciate the innocent cuteness. Anyways, when the reality hits and both parents have to go to work, you go through the toughest part of parenting - keeping the child away from you! The most intimidating and challenging thing for me has always been dropping the child to the daycare. I can breeze through the toughest business situation becos all it needs is analyzing and rationalizing but dropping the kid off to the daycare is another story.
Fortunately with both our children we could keep them at home for the first whole year. Thanks to both the grand parents who took care of them at home when we were gone to work. One of the reason why I can boast about uninterrupted professional service (UPS :) ) to the employers for whom I worked for during that time. Emphasis being on the P since I never took time off to cater to sick kid due to daycare infections.
As Sania turned 5 months, we were at the point where we did the handoff from one set of grand parents to the other. First picture is Anoushka handoff between the grandmoms and next two pictures are of Sania hand off. That is part of the reason for my being MIA on the blog scene as I was coping up with the change myself.
The most memorable event was Anoushka's walking over to my mom and saying," Dont worry. I will take care of mumma!" She figured I was very sad that my mom was leaving. The best part is that almost immd she determined that it was my weak point and immd leveraged it against me. Nowadays when we argue she threatens me to not take care of me!



2 comments:

Thembi said...

Wow! I can tell which mom is which! Anshu looks exactly like his mom, and Anoushka looks exactly like yours!

Renuka said...

hey good to see you here.. I was just surprised how similar Sania and Anoushka looked too..