Thursday, September 25, 2008

Born to Rock, Forced to Work!

My gym instructor wore this T-shirt. I liked it so much that I asked him where he got it from. He did not remember but thanks to google, I found it and bought it too.. ;) for Anshu. Not for me. I think I was born to work :( Besides, I Rock anyways.
Its really interesting how people create certain perceptions. Most of the people who have met Anshu live rest of their lives believing that he is a musician or plays guitar. And they can hardly be blamed for it..

Nine years ago-
I went to pick him up at the airport and had known him for just a few months then. He walked out of the gate carrying this guitar case with hair longer than his shoulder and a truly shabby look.. like a perfect hung-over rock star.. who cares if the guitar strings were missing and I cant remember if he ever owned a working guitar. But the look is all that matters..

Seven years ago-
By now I was already married to my rockstar.
I was in a store walking around and met this girl whom I (and Anshu too) went to undergrad school with. She started talking and randomly asked me, "if I was in touch with Anshu -the guy who sang at the college concert. "
I told her," Yes I am very much in touch with him. I am married to him."

Five years ago-
We were at our favorite club Fibbar maggies where they have live music every Friday night. I think this Fibbars was in mountain view which got bought by someone later. We met with a bunch of friends and I have very faint memory of this becos I was too drunk may be.. so I dont remember the details.. Anshu was on the stage singing and it was one of the songs that I liked and knew. :) I am sure he will know it if I ask him which one it was. I dont think he sung all that well but I do know that he acted damn well..

Three years ago-
(Should be more like 4 something but I just like to put 3 so it looks good on my blog.) This was in Fibbars atSunnyvale and the band was singing some song that came as a request. Anshu was standing in the front and singing loudly.. the lead singer pulled him up and had him sing the lyrics and said.. "wow you know the lyrics better than me."

One year ago-
(now this is really one year ago more or less.) There was a LOUD sound from Anoushka's bedroom and both Anoushka and Anshu were dancing. Ever since this has been Anoushka's favorite thing which is to dance with daddy on the 'Monkey song'. She said that in front of our friend who happily started to sing "Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed." but that is not what Anoushka meant.. She was talking about the 'Monkey business' by Skid Row.

1 comment:

Marlyn said...

Very interesting. I did not know this side of Anshu!