Sunday, July 13, 2008

Anoushk-io Nadkar-ni

(as in Giorgio Armani! )

Dressing up my tiny ducklings always made me happy but it is another thing to see ducklings have an opinion about dressing and a good one too! One would have expected that beliefs and choices in early childhood are completely influenced by parents, but apparently not.

I pretty much grew up like a tom boy with more guy friends than girls and with marginal interest in dressing up so its even more interesting to see how opposite my little one (s?) is.
When she was less than 18 months old, she colored her face red (not red really mauve-brown-pink something) with the lipstick that she removed from my purse. She smeared it on her lips and around while I was in the kitchen for 10 mins getting her dinner ready. (I have pictures of that in my palm but I have no idea how to get them out from there.)

Anyways, when she was around 2 , I left her alone for a while and she put my black liquid eyeliner on her eyes lids. This time it was slightly better job for sure and she had managed to not put any in her eyes which was a big relief!
And her favorite is a pedicure. She gets one everytime her mom gets it and she religiously waits for it to dry completely. The day she gets a pedicure, she NEEDs to wear open toe sandals. Which 2 year old stands in front of a parlor in the mall refusing to walk becos she thinks she should get a pedicure? (and says so too.)

So the other day I was looking through 'Allure' magazine June 08 pg 150 and I thought something on that page looked very familiar. Instead of turning the page, I started reading it and it was pick of the season for different cosmetics. The picture they had for nail colors had two colors in it. I thought I had seen them so I read the specifics. Then I came home and looked at the colors which the highness had chosen and they were right there. Not only were the colors (as in shade- fuschia and orange something) identical, the makers OPI and Nail xtreme in those very same bottles!
I was really stunned and since then I think ten times before I pick up clothes for her to wear to the daycare.
(If you have tried picking up a nail color from the wall full of colors in a store, you will know what I mean! )

No comments: