Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Water, water everywhere!!

On the long weekend, we played a lot in water. I got water balloons from one dollar store. They were exactly like the balloons we used in India for holi. When my friend in DC told me about it, first thing I asked her was if they were safe. I remember they were sort of banned in India. Anyways, she said these ones are really thin and do not hurt so I figured I will try them. I told our guests to get extra pair of clothes which made everyone wonder about my intentions. And kids LOVED it!! This is the picture of Anoushka holding a water balloon before we started playing. I had all the intentions to take NICE pictures of it but once anyone gets hold of those, there is no time to take any pictures.

The next stop of our water party was the pool. We had cleaned and moved the pool a day before so kids could play in it at the party. It is 12 ft wide and 3 ft deep. But the water is a little cold even on a really hot day.

Both Anoushka and Annika (her friend) loved it.
And their dads got in the water as well.
And we had my favorite tea with ginger, cardamon, clove and black pepper as we dried ourselves in the backyard.

No comments: