Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Knitting project!

Few months ago, on a Friday afternoon, my boss walked by and asked me and my colleague if we were working on anything time critical. We both said "no" and he told us that we could take the afternoon home and have fun. ( I **LOVE** my boss!)

We started to chat and I told him 'usually' I get pretty bored at home given that Anoushka goes to the day care and anshu is never at home. He thought it was really strange and told me that no matter how much time he spends at home, he can always find something interesting to do!

I started to think how could I not have anything to do if I came home early on a Friday afternoon. First I pitied and said to myself, "you need to get a life" then I immediately dreaded the thought of being at home for 3 months during the maternity leave. Soon enough I found myself walking at Michael's and JoAnns. I bought a quilt material and made a quilt for Sania. It was like the 12th quilt I made so I figured I need to explore something else!

This time I thought I should knit something. Promptly, I ordered couple of books from the Internet and knitting yarn. Not knowing what to get and where from I refered to my walking talking encyclopedia Lise. (see her blog http://www.badnewsbutlers.net/) She can always tell whats the best deal and when they have free shipping. I got this really pretty yarn and started to knit. My mom taught me the basics. Its VERY intimidating to read the instructions off a book. So long story short this is what I made for Anoushka. Its made with yarn of two different colors Terracotta orange and Orchid pink. I did an interesting intersperse of colors instead of creating horizontal bands. AND to give it a thickness at the top, knitted with two yarns. Brilliant no?

2 comments:

Marlyn said...

OMG that's beautiful! Make me one!!!

BTW, I love the blog title!

Renuka said...

Hey thanks! BTW, I thought of you when I saw that design.. Its sooo Marlyn!!