Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hearst Castle

I can't seem to get over my Cambria vacation still. Though not intended to be so, my blog has become a travel blog more than a personal blog. But there were so many wonderful things that I saw and I want to capture that I cant help but write about those.

And then I want my blog to have some nice pictures (eye candy. becos I know no one really reads the text anyways.)
These are famous swimming pools at Hearst Castle. Views from here are breath taking as the castle is on the top of the hill. The story of this castle and the guy who built the castle is as interesting as the things in the castle itself. WR Hearst, the guy who build the castle really pursued his dream. He collected art from all over the world and transported it over the tiny, dirt road to the mountain top. The best part of this was the fact that he loved to share his dream and entertain all kind of people notably Hollywood stars and all the whos-who of that era. His guests were seated at the table based on how much he liked them and if they were fun to hang out with. I was thinking to myself how lucky all those people were who got invited to that wonderful place. For the people whose ancestors did not accidental find silver ore, there is another way to enjoy the luxury and share the fun. And that is to befriend the ones that have..
And I am thinking in my mind- Go Foundry Go!!

No comments: