Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spice of life..

Yesterday as usual on the way back from her daycare, I asked Anoushka how her day was. She told me several things and also told me how three of her classmates told her that she was a small baby. Well, to begin with Anoushka is the one who walks around telling everyone that she is a big girl. (Becos I told her that when she started her preschool.) And the girls whom she is talking about have moved to that class long before her. So technically they were right. Anyways. But that did trigger a whole chain of thoughts of when I was a kid. I played with everyone but always had one best friend whom I hung out with all the time and was very possessive about. Every little thing that anyone said or did bothered me and I came home to tell my mom how bad I felt and how I was right and so on. Slowly, I learned to get over things and not get bothered about what others felt about me.

And one day in my college(in India), a friend of mine made a racist comment about me and another friend. My friend got very offended and told her how it was not appropriate to say it. I, on the other hand, very cooly ;) told her that it was her opinion and I could not care less. I still remember the look on her face. LOL And ever since I have had so much fun because nothing seems to deter me from doing what I want. So when my gym class instructor says "10 more crunches for those awesome beach abs. Lets all go to Santacruz this weekend", I am thinking I can go to the beach without those awesome abs too.. Heck I dont get paid to look good! I dont care.

But I must confess I thoroughly enjoy looking at awesome abs and the gossips of people who care! LOL I think that is THE best entertainment and its free too! If I am getting bored, I know exactly which neighbor to talk to hear the neighborhood gossip (I am told that my next door neighbors are nudists.. too bad I did not find it out myself LOL), whom to talk to at work to get the scoop and if nothing else there always are 'tantrum queens' (or kings or couples). There stories are like tequilas- straight to the point and potent. And more than likely, you actually have a big role that you play in that, which ofcourse, you find out later. Anyways, thank god for that. I just realised I miss the budweiser radio ads - Real men of genius .. we salute you!

1 comment:

Marlyn said...

You crack me up!!!