Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cambria experince-Part 2

After indulging in variety of cool deserts and candies at the local shops, we explored other stores like the book store and the nursery. Not surprisingly, this small town has exactly one of each type of a store. And more interestingly, each store has really unique stuff and offers great selection. The bookstore had this book in the showcase that was written by Hollywood director Richard Taylor after he moved to Cambria. I almost bought it and asked the seller if it was all fiction or had anything to do with real Cambria ghost citings. Wrong question. She promptly replied telling me that _all_ ghost stories are fictions. That really was brutal and snapped me out of the wonderful imaginations of seeing ghosts hiking alongside as we drove at midnight on the deserted highway 1. (oh and when I told Anoushka about the ghosts, she took it a step further and told me how ghosts drive the car!) So this book store had good activity book and everything else like preparing for SAT, GMAT et al.
The nursery was another such place. I have NEVER EVER seen a nursery which such variety and beatiful layout of things in there. It had a lot of different types of succulents and Cactus. It has all types of native and other flowers, fruits etc. It was just so relaxing to walk through the different sections and look at all the amazing selection they had. We got a stone studded tortoise and a colorful mushroom. I think numero dos needs me so I got to go. more later.

No comments: